With an exhibition hanging through April 30 in the Latrobe Art Center, they may be expanding their fan base to a new area. The show features work in various media by 42 of the group’s 80-plus members.
During an April 13 reception, show organizer Barbara Jewell was duly rewarded for her efforts, as her watercolor “Standing Ovation” was recognized as best in show.
Also finding favor with juror Diane Murray of West Mifflin was the work of these artists:
• Judge’s Awards: Linda Galati, Myla Pearce, Patti Giordano, Louetta Romanchak, Jan Landini, Arlene Holtz, David Milanak, Larry Brandstetter, Pamela Price and Lane Neff.
• Judge’s Mentions: Tirzah Mason, Gary Free, Jan Kingery, Nancy Dalverney, Joy Anglin, Betty Trout, Tom Gallovich, Darlene Miklas, Pamela Beatty and Linda Roos.
Murray, who also is an artist working in a number of mediums, discussed reasons for choosing each work.
Artists “like getting the feedback of what’s going on in the judge’s head,” she said. “There’s some really lovely artwork in this show.”
Murray also judged an ESAL show last summer. She is a member of numerous area artist groups, including Pittsburgh Watercolor Society, Pittsburgh Pastel Artists League, Whitehall Arts and McMurray Art League.
Also seen: Latrobe Art Center executive director Lauren Buches, Donald Green, Susan Cardoza, Linda Harvey, Gordon Sarti, Canan Unal, Deborah Walker, Dan and Sue Yaklich, Eileen Yeager, Jeff and Diane Shrader, Anita Manoli, Jim and Karen O’Connor, Gay Wasserman, Michaelene McWhinney, Peggy Kauffman, Nancy Smith and Lisa McCracken.
Shirley McMarlin is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Shirley at 724-836-5750, email@example.com or via Twitter.
- A list of the Award Winners for this show can be found here. In addition to the listed Award Winners, the People’s Choice Award, by unanimous vote, went to Joyce Frost for her photograph, “The Honkers.”
- The Program for this show can be found here.
- Additional photos of the Reception can be found here on Facebook.